I've been in marketing for about 10 years, working remotely for the past 9, mostly doing Facebook Ads and social media strategy for CPG brands, but for the past 2 years or so more focused on growth marketing and conversion optimization between my own projects and my full time job. Download my resume here.
Growth Marketer 2020 - Present
- Ran FB Ads campaigns that resulted in a 1:3 CAC:LTV ratio
- Optimized subscription pricing to increase revenue & perceived value while maintaining conversion rate
- Designed upsell interactions to increase paid subscriptions
Story Swag is an iOS app used by SMB owners to produce beautiful videos & slideshows to promote their businesses. I have been running pricing strategy (increasing revenue without negatively affecting conversions and retention) as well as highly profitable Facebook Ads campaigns.
Marketing + Growth 2019 - Present
- Designed optimizations to increase enterprise conversions from free to paid tiers at Parabol
- Developed strategy and campaign concepts for several Fortune 500 companies in consumer finance and biotech.
I have been creating and executing growth strategies at consumer and B2B tech startups on a contract basis as well as working with Fortune 500 companies at brand consultancy Prophet.
Additionally, I have been working on brand strategy, campaign ideation, copywriting, and competitive research for Fortune 500 clients in finance, insurance, biotech, and telecommunications at Prophet, a branding agency in New York City on a freelance capacity.
Facebook Ads Course in Spanish
Coach + Instructor 2019 - 2020
- Grew my email list to over 2,000 highly engaged and relevant members with <$100 of ad spend
Having worked with well-known brands for so many years, I decided it’d be a breath of fresh air to work with local small and medium businesses and help them apply what I’ve learned over the years. I coached business owners in marketing one-on-one, and I also created an online course on Facebook advertising geared around helping SMB owners generate new customers.
Strategist and Paid Media Manager 2013 - 2019
- Used FB Ads to grow in-store sales for several CPG clients by 12-44%
- Amplified Piper Heidsieck champagne's sponsorship of The Oscars on social media to reach 15 million viewers on a relatively tiny budget
- Established social media impact measurement standards for in-person brand events
I was the first employee—a strategist—at this boutique social media agency with a focus on nationally-distributed CPG products, including Champagne Piper Heidsieck, think Products, and Bare Snacks. Over the years I became the paid media manager and data analyst, never dropping my strategy role, and had a hand in design, copywriting, and account services.
POKE New York
Creative 2010 - 2013
- Designed & ideated digital campaigns for American Express, The Body Shop, and Penguin Books
- Co-led the agency's website redesign and implemented it in design, code, and copy
At this digital creative shop I wore many hats, ideating and designing social & digital campaigns for our clients.
The most comprehensive list of Chia Plotters for hire
- Created & implemented an SEO strategy driving around 1,000 unique visitors to the site per week, of whom 65% engage with one of our members
- Implemented Google Tag Manager to track site engagement
- Respond to customer service requests
A remotely-run home cleaning company in Minneapolis
I started a home cleaning company in Minneapolis from my home in Guadalajara, Mexico. I designed, wrote, and built a beautiful website, hired independent contractors remotely, and very quickly grew it to the point where I had more work coming in than I staff to service them thanks to a strategic combination of Yelp SEO, Thumbtack, and Bark ads. I was consistently told by clients I had the best customer service and was the most professional provider they had encountered in this industry.
Hyper-personalized cold email campaigns for B2B startups
Fast Forwarder is a warm lead generation service for B2B startups where I created hyper-personalized cold emails to reach out to potential buyers. Turns out I'm really good at finding interesting tidbits about leads online which pique their interest. I designed, built, and did the copywriting for the site, and ran the company for a few months.